In today’s interconnected marketplace it is vital
that your shop window is as good as it can be.
The adage that there isn’t a second chance for a good first impression is as true in the digital world as anywhere else. In fact it is possibly more applicable than it is in the ‘real’ world. Online, there is no opportunity to see the reaction and nothing can be done about any negative first impression.
Mistakes on your website People will see errors as a reflection of the company.
SWebCheck will check your online presence to make sure
it is as you want it and how it could and should be.
The idea for this service came about when the principal noticed that there are mistakes and problems on many sites, including those of large well known corporations.
Why / How?
It may be because all of the team that create and then maintain the website haven’t worked together as fully as they could have done.
The person/team who put the ‘words’ together and the website design team who put the ‘look’ together don’t notice the problems because their focus is on ‘words’ and ‘looks’ respectively. However hard they try there is often no-one who looks at a website with a fully independent view.
Once the words have gone to the web design team the copywriter has moved onto another task. The web design team are then focussed on making a good looking site and don’t look at the words. The copywriter speciality is ‘words’ so is not likely to critique the website.
Errors in content
The review will look for:
- Spelling errors. Would you buy from someone who didn’t spell check their website effectively; so why would they buy from you?
- Grammatical errors
- Factually incorrect sites
None of these will encourage your potential clients to use you.
The review will search for:
- Material that is inconsistent
- The use of fonts and colours that don’t add to the overall impression
The review will check for:
- website problems such as links and/or buttons not achieving the objective for which they either were designed, or for which they appear to have been designed